Location: 2511, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, fr**ng BKK
Time: 10pm (ish)
Feeling: quite upset actually
I went to a hairdresser today at one of the most expensive malls in BKK (expensive must be good, right?) to a Shiseido Hair Salon and they PEROXIDED me!!!!! Upon having asked for "natural looking highlights" and a cut to layer my hair and remove weight from the top, they proceeded to do something involving brushes and foils for 2.5 hours, after which they spent 5 hours snipping around my head. At the end, I kept asking "Are you finished?!?", "That's very quick...", "Are you sure you're finished??" which turned into "OMG, I am BLONDE", "OMG that's so light" once I actually put my glasses on. I kept complaining as they tried to usher me out and kept shaking their hands with thumbs up and saying "oooh...goood...ooooh...natural".
So now I have a dilemma of whether or not to go to work. I was contemplating going back in the morning and getting them to do SOMEthing. But I'm actually scared - I am not sure if I want them touching my hair again.... I mean, I;ll go there, ask for low-lights and walk out with black hair or something. I mean, if my hair is supposed to look natural, what the hell are they using as a benchmark?! A Barbie?!?!
Anyway... I think I'll still ring them and abuse. I don't know if they actually have someone who speaks English as opposed to pretend to speak English...
*sniff sniff*
I think my colleague (Lillian) may come with me tomorrow - she's American and she ALWAYS gets her message across. I don't know if it's because she is American or because she is Lillian. Besides I can't work out what the hell is happening at the back of my head. All I can see is the front - which makes me "Baywatch" material...
And did I mention the managing partner may be in tomorrow? This is the man who thinks that grey suits are insufficiently conservative, one should never wear sweaters/vests at work and that shirts should only be white.
Although, one point of view (as expressed by Lillian) is that my hair looks grey in patches and thus makes me look more mature - around 40 yo.
Goody.
No comments:
Post a Comment