Thursday, 18 January 2007

google thyself...

Location: 2511, Sheraton, BKK
Time: 7am (ish) (OUCH)
Feeling: as to be expected at 7am...
Was googling my job manager yesterday (she was complaining her name was hijacked by a religious fanatic) - the website with her name was hilarious.
Decided to google myself to see what comes up.
am almost famous... haha...eh
Hair update: less traumatised than before. Decided to wait for hair to recover before doing anything. Co-workers didn't seem as shocked. Some of them said "did you do something to your hair?" and "but you were blonde before...". I'm guessing I may've overreacted. Still I'm very blonde and still get a shock when I look in the mirror.
Ponderings: decided that I have to learn to suck up in order to make my life easier at work. The presentation and schmoozing skills seem to compensate for content and analytics to a large extent. And it takes partners a long time to notice the holes beneath the smooth exterior (forever really). So I decided it's a skill i have to pick up to an extent .... (presentation ok, schmoozing is a bit eww)
I shall keep you posted, my fluffy ones...
ps did I mention that Thai people wear slippers at work? It's very bizarre...

No comments: