Date: 25 November, 2008
Time: 21:35pm
Location: My place, Kilburn, London
First time in a while that I've had an opportunity to write thoughts down. This is despite mentally composing journal entry as I exercise, tube or doze in class. Much to say and yet...
So I have finally found some time - mostly because I got sick, decided to take a day off and cleared my calendar. Thus resulting in an unexpected bonus of 1 free day. It's lovely - apart from the sick part. I don't think I've taken a sickie since I started work in 2005. The novelty is wonderful. Also, feeling like there isn't anything on my calendar that I really actually HAVE to do. There are things I should do, could do, have been asked to do - but I don't actually HAVE to do any of them. It's FABULOUS.
Did I mention my love for naps? I had 3 today so far.
Other news... Well suddenly all those thoughts I had and wanted to write down have fled from my head. I suppose I will do my usual - top 3 and bottom 3:
Top
1) Hanging out with Jules and her friends. They are truly mind-expanding. I get so caught up in the world of MBAs, business, jobs, careers, etc. It is truly inspiration to hang out with mathematicians, philosophers, etc. Although it does somewhat make me not want to do anything MBA related. Makes me wonder why I'm doing an MBA. And makes me dread the 2 years that I have to slave-work through to pay off the pleasure of doing a degree I don't actually really want. Hm.
2) Finding time to read books. I love it.
3) Nothing is coming to me on this one. Lets see if I can come back to it...
Bottom:
1) Still no passport. Need I say more? I certainly don't want to.
2) Crappy exchange rate - raising money concerns. May have to find a job PT. Ewwwww
3) Contemplation of relationships and realisation that I don't really understand it at all. What do people look for? What do I look for? Why do people form relationships? Is that so that they don't have to face old age alone? Is that it? If so, that's a bit cowardly. Why is there such a preoccupation with finding a boyfriend/girlfriend /husband etc. Maybe I am forgetting the good things one gets from those. *Scratch head*
4) Strange married guy (I've seen a few times before at school) grabbing me and kissing me (while I stood in shock) in the middle of the road. And then having to avoid him the entire night during the party and him finally catching up and asking me why I'm avoiding him. Wtf? What's wrong with people? And why do only married/attached guys ever hit on me? Or am I only seeing that pattern because I'm looking for it and the single ones that hit on me get dismissed as insignificant? But then again, unless it's as obvious as this incident, chances are, I don't notice it. Hm. Anyway. Hrpmph. I am disturbed. I hope it was a bet of some kind or he was very drunk. Confused, disturbed and not wanting to go out anymore. Wanting to become a hermit and living in the mountains with my books. Well, this particular wish is not entirely brought on by this incident but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless...
I need some more items in the "Top" section...
3) Being able to take a sick day (but not being sick). I also can't actually take a sick day tomorrow also because if I miss tomorrow's class I would fail it. At least without a doctor's note (which I can't get because I haven't registered with a doctor - and can't do so without my passport). So this is really another one for the "Bottom" category...
Eh... Ok so I have nothing else for now. Will think more.
No comments:
Post a Comment