Friday, 8 September 2006

Work, work and work...

I contemplate my life on this fine (and what should be a "lazy") sunday afternoon, I come to a unsurprising revelation that my miserable existence revolves around my crappy job (meanwhile I hope to god none of my co-workers stumble upon this blog...). When I should be hanging out at the gallery, reading a book, sipping on a latte or having a nap (most of you know my priorities hehe) - instead I'm madly typing away on a spreadsheet full of crappy data and trying to link it to another spreadsheet, also full of crappy data (it is just NOT going to happen - job manager, buddy, you were in DENIAL). Dealing with clients is normally quite stressful. Doubly stressful when either your job manager or your OIC is nailing you from behind. Triply so when the client doesn't want you to be here and in fact, wants someone else to be there who worked on a previous job. Quardriply so when your OIC rolls over and lets them have what they want (without telling anyone else what is going on).
Far out, hey.
I wonder if anyone will notice if I don't turn up in Sydney tomorrow. Maybe I'll catch some sort of small and nasty but non-life threatening disease that will prevent me from boarding the plane. Maybe someone will call in with a threat. Or maybe Qantas will go on strike...
*Sigh*
Me not in happy place.
Oh yeah - and my love life.... - WHAT love life... ?!?!? I can't even remember when I went on a date... *Scratch head* For all I know, it was last year... Hurphm!
What else can I whinge about....
Oh yeah some co-workers are insensitive gossip-mongers with over-inflated sense of their own worth.
Phew... I feel better now... I feel like I have vented. Well maybe a little bit. I tell you, I'd feel a lot better if all those problems magically fixed themselves or otherwise went away. I don't need any more personal growth this year. I've grown enough. I want my physical body to catch up with my mental age now.
And man do I need a holiday....

No comments: